Liaisons in Equity and Advocacy for Diversity (L.E.A.D) Council
In 2019, under the direction of VP for Equity and Inclusion Dr. Assata Zerai, the Liaisons in Equity and Advocacy for Diversity (LEAD) Council was formed. The council is comprised of College/School Senior Diversity Officers.
The LEAD Council’s charge is to work to increase and enhance faculty diversity, equity and inclusion at UNM, with a focus on tenure-system faculty. LEAD is contributing to the UNM 2040 Strategic Plan.
LEAD Council 2021 GOALS:
- Increase NCFDD Memberships
- Set College/School/Branch/HSC faculty hiring goals
- Main campus voting members: select 2-4 Inclusive Excellence postdocs
- Finish relevant sections of UNM 2040 Strategic Plan
- Establish plan for restorative justice: promoting inclusive climate among faculty