Center for Teaching and Learning
The Center for Teaching and Learning at UNM has committed to the following In an effort to address inequities in teaching and learning,
The Center for Teaching and Learning: Anti-Racism Efforts:
- CTL Anti-Racism Committee: ongoing work addressing practices and programming at all levels of CTL
- CAPS/GRC student training sessions on cultural humility, microaggressions, identity, and intercultural communication
- GRC Impostor syndrome workshops that address distinctions between feelings of impostorism and racist experiences
- Grad Climate Survey (conducted in 2018) results showing disparities between Hispanic students and white students in faculty mentorship & teaching opportunities
- Inclusive, Assets-Based, Anti-Racism Strategies in Remote Fundamentals (RF) and Course Design Institute (CDI) online summer training for instructors.
- CTL partnership with Professor Nancy López and Professor Lani Gunawardena on culturally-responsive teaching performance indicators for online courses
- Initiative to design a resource for culturally-responsive and intercultural design and teaching considerations with national online certification organization, Quality Matters.
- CTL Support for the Social Justice Teaching Fellows project ECHO for teaching
- Writing Across Curriculum:
- 2019 national presentation at CCCC on anti-racist program administration methods
- The sharing of anti-racist pedagogy strategies in WAC workshops
- The sharing and enactment of anti-racist pedagogy strategies in the undergraduate and graduate courses including ENGL 419: Visual Rhetoric and ENGL 530: Teaching Composition Practicum (I share examples from these classes in WAC workshops.)